|Cousine / Course|
- मैदा / Maida flour / White flour – 1.5 cup
- तूप / घी / Ghee – 3 tbsp
- खवा / खोया / Mawa – 1 cup
- तूप / घी / Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- बदाम / Almonds chopped- 3 tbsp
- काजू / Cashew chopped – 2 tbsp
- िपस्ता / Pistachios chopped – 2 tbsp
- मनुका / िकश िमश / Rasins chopped – 2 tbsp
- खोब्र / नािरयल / Dry Coconut powder – 1/4 cup
- साखर / शक्कर / Sugar – 1/2 cup
- इलायची / Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- जायफळ / Nutmeg – a pinch
- Oil for Frying
- Take a mixing bowl, add white flour/maida, and ghee.
- Mix well, then run ghee with flour throughly for 2-3 min, this step is important and gives Gujiya crispness/khasta
- Use little water at a time to make tight dough
- Cover dough with wet cloth, set aside for 20-30 min
- Let’s work on fillings, heat a pan on medium heat
- Add mawa, saute to remove any excess water, remove and let it cool down
- Now in the same pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee, add almonds, cashew, pistachios, raisins, sauté till light golden
- Add coconut powder, saute till light golden, turn off heat, set aside for cooling
- Once cooled, add sugar, mawa to it, mix well, break any lumps, filling is ready
- Lets work on making gujiyas, knead the dough for 2-3 min to make it smooth, and break it in to small lime sizes pieces
- Take a portion, roll it flat, about a size of poori
- Add 1-2 tsp filling in middle, wet edges with little water, fold in half, and stick the edges together
- Now wet the curved edge with little water, then pinch a side, fold-twist-stick, continue for the complete edge. Repeat for the all the cured side.
- You would get beautiful gujiya shape.
- Baking: Place gujiya on baking tray, spread little ghee on gujiya, then oven bake for 15-20min on 400 F / 200 C.
- Frying: Heat oil on low-med heat, drop gujiya in oil, fry till light golden, turn occasionally to get even cook/color
- Tasty Gujiya is ready!
- Makes 16 Gujiyas
- Rubbing ghee with flour, make gujiya crispy / khasta
- Remove all the excess air while sealing gujiyas
- Fry on low-med heat to avoid bubbles on top
- Baked gujiya are as khasta and tasty as fried one and healthier too
How to serve
- Serve fresh
- Store in airtight container for upto 3-4 days