|Cousine / Course|
Ingredients – Carrot mawa
- तूप / घी / Ghee -1 tbsp
- दूध पावडर / Milk Powder – 2 cups
- दूध/ Milk – 1 cup
- साखर / शक्कर / Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rose syrup – 1tsp
- खोबर / नारियल / Desicated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Mix nuts crushed – 2 tbsp
- गुलकंद / Gulkand – 1 tsp
Step 1: Making Modak Mixture &Filling
- Heat pan on low-medium heat, Add ghee let it melt.
- Once ghee melted add milk powder mix well, roast for 2-3 mins and add milk. Combine everything well together and avoid lumps
- Cook till mixture solidifies, Mawa is ready
- Divide Mawa in half, remove half Mawa in plate and keep it side.
- For remaining half Mawa in pan, add sugar, mix properly cook till sugar dissolves.
- Turn off heat, remove white mawa in a plate
- Take the mawa which was set aside earlier in step 4. add rose syrup to this mawa and mix well, this way your rose Mawa get ready
- Both white sweet Mawa and Pink rose Mawa are ready
- For filling add coconut, gulkand(rose petal spread), roasted mix nuts, dried rose petals(organic edible), mix everything well together
Step 2: Making Modak
- Massage both Mawa with greased palms and make them smooth.
- Grease Modak mold inside with tiny amount of ghee.
- Take small pink portion roll in palms and make small pink cylinder shape, similarly make one big pink cylinder and keep it aside
- Same way make two cylinders one is small and one is big with white Mawa as well
- Now open Modak mold. In half side of Modak mold first put small pink cylinder at pointy part of Modak mold, then put white big cylinder next to pink, then pink big and then white small, close Modak mold
- Remove excess Mawa came out of mold, now make Modak hallow with your finger from bottom, press Mawa towards wall of the Modak while making it hallow
- Add stuffing in the Modak seal modak with some white mawa
- Rose modak is ready
- Repeat for remaining Modaks
- Pink Mawa is sweented with Rose syrup, add more sugar to increase sweetness
- Gulkand is sticky, mix it well while making Modak filling to get even spread
- Mix nut filling is made with almonds, pistachios, cashew, grated coconut